1) WORK OUT THE NUMBER OF CALS NEEDED FOR A CUT
– Work out your weight in lbs
– Multiply this number by between 10 and 12 (lower end if you have a shorter time to cut – the longer you can cut over the better) – may need to play with this number depending on results.
E.G. – you weigh 80kg x 2.2 = 176lbs
Cuts cals will be between 1,760 and 2,112 (depending on time of the cut)
2) WORK OUT GRAMS / CALS OF PROTEIN NEEDED PER DAY
– Multiply your body weight in lbs by between 1 and 1.4 (the higher your muscle mass the higher on this scale you will go as you will need more protein to maintain a higher amount of muscle)
E.G. 176lbs of body weight x 1.4 = 246g protein per day (if you chose to have a higher protein intake)
– Then multiply the number of grams of protein by 4 (there are 4 cals per gram of protein – so this will give you the number of cals you are getting from protein)
E.G. 246g Protein x 4 = 984 cals from Protein daily
– Subtract the number of cals from protein from your total calorie intake for the day (worked out in step 1)
E.G. 2,112 total daily cals – 984 protein cals = 1,128 cals left
3) WORK OUT GRAMS / CALS FROM FAT NEEDED PER DAY
– Multiply your body weight in lbs by 0.3 (may need to play around with this later but start at this)
E.G. 176lbs x 0.3 = 53g fat
– Then multiply the above number by 9 (there are 9 cals in one gram of fat) to give you the total number of cals from fat.
E.G. 53g Fat x 9 = 477cals daily from Fat
– Subtract that number from the total calories needed per day (after you have subtracted the protein cals as well).
E.G. 1,128 daily cals left – 477 Fat Cals = 651 cals left for carbs
4) WORKOUT GRAMS / CALS NEEDED FROM CARBS PER DAY
– After you have subtracted the cals from protein and fats from the total needed daily you will be left with a number of calories left.
– we need to convert these calories left to the equivalent number of grams of carbs to make up these cals.
– There are 4 cals in one gram of carbs – so divide the number you have left by 4 – this will give you the total number of grams of carbs you need daily.
E.G. 651 remaining cals / 4 = 163g carbs daily
– Try and spread these out around you workouts (before / during and after) – If you feel you need carbs at breakfast, thats cool maybe minimize them as much as possible so you can have more around your workout though.
TOTAL CALS FOR AN 80KG PERSON for a 12 WEEK CUT
PROTEIN – 246g
FAT – 53g
CARBS – 163g
Any Questions drop them in the comments!
Cheers as always!